The MINDBODY Express® app allows you to add, edit, and delete availability directly from the Schedule screen.
- Adding availability and unavailability
- Editing availability
- Deleting availability
- Staff permissions required to manage availability
Before booking an appointment, you'll need to tell the MINDBODY software when you're available; we call this adding availability. Conversely, you can block off sections of your schedule — when going on vacation, for instance — by adding unavailability.
Availability is displayed on your schedule in white blocks, while unavailability is displayed in dark gray, and unallocated times are shown in a lighter gray.
You can add availability or unavailability, or book an appointment, by tapping the + sign at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
When adding availability or unavailability, you'll be asked to choose a specific type:
- Single-day: This occurs just once, during the single date and time you specify.
- Multi-day: This covers multiple days during a specific set of dates. For example, if you need to add availability for Tuesdays during the month of April, you would choose multi-day availability.
- Ongoing: This extends indefinitely. You would select this when establishing your regular, recurring schedule.
You can also adjust your schedule by tapping directly on a time block in week or day view:
- Tap on the desired time block.
- Tap Add Availability or Add Unavailability.
- Choose the parameters for this availability: how often it will recur (if at all), when it begins and ends, which services it covers, and if it should be shown to your clients. Click Save when finished.
When your schedule changes, you can modify your available hours using the MINDBODY Express app.
When you tap on a section of existing availability (i.e., a white block), you'll see the following options:
- Book appointment
- Add unavailability: This adds a period of unavailability to your schedule, preventing any bookings in that time slot. This does not affect the availability scheduled either before or afterwards.
- Edit availability: This gives you all of the same options as when the availability was originally added. Typically, this is used to modify your available hours, or add additional days or services to your schedule.
- Delete availability: This removes the entire block of availability from your schedule. Click here to learn more about deleting availability.
Similarly, you can tap on a light gray block of unavailability to edit or remove it from your schedule.
When you choose to delete availability from your schedule, it removes the entire block as it was originally created. For example, if your availability was set up from 8 AM to 5 PM, then deleting that block would leave your schedule blank for the entire day.
If you simply need to schedule a break, or shorten your hours on a one-time basis, then we recommend editing your availability or adding unavailability instead.
Should you choose to delete availability, you'll have three options, listed as follows:
- Only this Instance - This is a one-time change to the staff member’s availability.
- All Following - This change is applied on the selected date, and all subsequent days.
- All Past & Future - This is a permanent change to the staff member’s availability, which is also reflected in past schedules.
Staff members require, at minimum, the following set of permissions to manage their own availability:
- View own info/appointment schedule
- Edit own info/appointment schedule
- View appointment details
In order to manage availability for others, a staff member will also need the following permissions in addition to those listed above:
- Staff member availability
- View entire appointment schedule
Staff permissions can only be managed by logging in to the full MINDBODY software. Click here to learn more.